The subprocess module
From IronPython Cookbook
The subprocess Module
I've written a partial .NET implementation of the subprocess module. There are currently a few limitations:
- Popen.communicate doesn't work
- Can't redirect stdin except for PIPE
- Can't redirect stderr to stdout (i.e. using stderr=subprocess.STDOUT)
- Can't redirect to a file descriptor
- univeral_newlines is not supported
- Command strings are flaky (lists work much better). Use shell=True if using command strings.
Except for what's listed above, it passes most (about 2/3) of the subprocess test cases.
The code is under the Ms-PL, except for list2cmdline which is under the PSF license. I believe this is the correct way to do it (but correct me if I'm wrong!).
The module is available at http://www.bitbucket.org/jdhardy/code/src/tip/subprocess.py.